Hey everyone! I noticed a few days ago that I was tagged by Karissa Kam. (After figuring out what that meant) I've spent some time trying to come up with six things not commonly known about me. Man, this is hard! But hopefully you'll enjoy, and learn a little more about me.
Six Things People Don't Know About Me:
1. I actually enjoy my husband's addiction to Star Wars (sorry, honey, but I don't think I'm giving any secrets away here!). The whole story line is actually quite interesting, and I can definitely think of worse movies to sit down as a family and watch. (That's right, I said FAMILY: Chelsey and Emily love them, too!)
2. I can't say "no" to people. This has always been a flaw in my character that I have always tried to work on. The worst part is when people know this, so they take advantage of me. (Perhaps I shouldn't be listing this one....) Just kidding, but I do know for sure that I am definitely getting to a point where I really can't do very much extra. And at my OB appointment this last week I was "commanded" by my midwife to rest as much as possible. So I now have a valid excuse for saying "no" for the next few months!
3. Speaking about my OB appointment, I got some happy news: my blood sugar is in complete control this pregnancy! This news made a pretty bad day seem pretty darn good! So for all you women who have the same problem I had with Em, just know that it doesn't always carry through to subsequent pregnancies! Yay! Let's celebrate!
4. I performed on the Tabernacle Organ in Salt Lake City. Besides marrying my wonderful Jason and being the mother of my sweet little girls, this was one of the most exciting, wonderful, fulfilling moments in my life. I was the organist for the BYU-I oratorio, and one concert was performed on Temple Square. I loved the performance, but my favorite part was the hour I got to "practice" on it (which consisted mostly of "pulling out all the stops" (ha ha) and playing my favorite songs full organ) before the concert. It was so awesome! I am smiling just remembering!
5. I still don't have my wedding book or the girls' baby books completed. But I have been working on them, and darn it, they will be done by Christmas! (Now I've told everyone, so I really have to be accountable -- this is great!)
6. And last but not least, one thing that has been on my mind lately is.....pie. (I'm with you, Karissa.) I really enjoy making pie, and I haven't for a really long time because then I end up eating a large portion of it myself while Jason is gone. So a few weeks ago I woke up really early and realized that I had been dreaming about making pie. So I made a decision: Thanksgiving is coming, with a perfect excuse to make pie! Cherry pie...apple pie...pumpkin pie...banana cream pie...chocolate cream pie....I am going to make them all and more if my stamina keeps up! Of course, we must have that anyone-around-for-Thanksgiving-dessert-night at someone's house, or #3 above may no longer apply to me!
Well, guys, this was really fun. But I must say that it was really hard for me to come up with things people don't know about me. If you made it this far, I want to apologize for the rambling, but Jason is on call tonight and I don't have too much to do! (Well, I guess there is always that baby book....)
And finally, I would like to tag my lady friends Stephanie Bradshaw, Faith Kearl, Amanda Reynolds, Karen Wilding, Barbara Scoresby, and Kim Morrison! Hope you guys have fun like I did! And may the Force be with you...okay, now it's just getting cheesy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great, now I'm going to have to challenge my mind...I've been enjoying my mindless tasks!! :)
Hmmm... this may be difficult!
That is SO cool you played on the Tabernacle organ!!
So, I think I knew all of those things about you except the blood sugar one. I just noticed the "tag" thing, so I'll have to do that. This is actually the first time I've had a chance to look at anyone's blog since the baby came. I like all the new stuff you've added! Well, I'll do the tag thing sometime soon -- but right now it's after midnight and I guess I aught to feed Isaac so I can try to get some sleep.
Oh yeah, I couldn't decide on the name vote -- I like Carter and Jarom. Well, talk to you soon.
Post a Comment